Lift Index measures your order’s ability to reach a greater % of your target segment than the total market. Indices over 100 highlights that the order performed better against your target audience segment than it did against all households generally.
The Index is calculated by dividing in-segment reach by total household reach.
How it’s calculated:
- In the above example, we have a In-Segment Reach of 70%. Now we need Total Reach before we can calculate Lift Index:
- The total number of TOTAL HOUSEHOLDS in the order’s selected geography is 500,000
- 300,000 of the TOTAL HOUSEHOLDS were exposed to the ad
- The Total Household reach would be 60% (300,000 Total HHs Reached/500,000 Total HHs in the geography)
- To calculate Lift Index, divide In-Segment Reach (70%) by Total HH Reach (60%) to find the Lift Index (116).
A Lift Index of 116 means your order was 16% more likely to reach the TARGET AUDIENCE SEGMENT than all TOTAL HHs in general.