Incremental Reach: Audience Creation and Activation
MVPDs: Comcast, Spectrum, Cox (Verizon is not supported)
Data availability: Starting May 2019 for Comcast, Cox, Spectrum. 5 week lag time for new monthly ad exposure e.g. July 2021 data will be available early Sept
- RFP for each MVPD (RFP needed for RFP requests only)
- Exposure period start and end date
- iSpot creative report (confirmed creatives-airings version) – Amy pulls if needed
- Frequency goal
- Output options:
- Counts - # of HHs un/underexposed to client’s National TV campaign
- Reach/Frequency Report:
- National R/F (Delivery Summary and Frequency Distribution)
- Market Under-Delivery – Highlights markets with reach % below benchmark/lower tercile
- Networks – R/F by network
- Market Optimization Report: DMA ranker – Highlights high incidence markets based on viewership
- Additional insights: Sales can request research support for filtering views, adding slides/overlays onto above reports
- Custom Market List – Sales has the option to incorporate local market data. (Data team leverages Qunici’s team)
- Objective: Amp Data only supports IR for RFP requests and client meeting follow-ups with confirmed client inputs
HH Counts/File Creation:
- Sales submits Zendesk ticket for Incremental Reach Counts and provides all necessary inputs
- For RFP requests: Ampersand pulls Comcast and Cox counts. Spectrum pulls counts via below Segment Activation – Spectrum footprint: Current Process workflow
- For client meeting requests, Ampersand pulls all MVPD counts
- Data Team (Amy) checks to see if advertiser/brand is present in the platform
- If advertiser is present, Data Team (Amy/Shannon) to confirm availability for existing brands by reviewing iSpot exposure data (dev_<mvpd>_data.log_ispot_viewing_data), created by linking iSpot ad occurrences to Ampersand set top box viewing data.
- If advertiser is not present, Data Team (Amy) to notify Engineering Team (Angelina) via Zendesk Internal Notes to get new brand added by providing the following information:
- Brand name, MVPDs, exposure period
- Timing is up to 5 business days**
- **Longer lookback (6 months+) may impact timing.
- 3 months is the recommended window, without impact on timing
- Data Team (Amy) updates via Zendesk Internal Notes of new Incremental Reach count request (Shannon):
- Amy attaches final ispot and checks the following:
- Spot air dates align with exposure period. For example – a Q4’20 report might reflect spots that ran from 11/1/20 – 12/15/20. Exposure dates should be 11/1-12/15 and not 10/1-12/31.
- National Linear Impressions should be over 500MM over measurement period
- Amy confirms audience is available in the platform:
- Amy confirms inputs via custom fields are correct and align with guardrails
- Field iSpot table should be selected as follows:
- log_viewing_ispot_brands_data - if brand has to be added by Engineering
- log_viewing_ispot_table - if brand is already in the platform
- Field iSpot table should be selected as follows:
- Amy confirms if files need to be pushed to LR:CS and Comcast Vendor File Folder –if request is that the RFP stage
- Data Team (Shannon/Amy) creates un/underexposed file and runs counts. We use the HH counts in these files and apply a factor to estimate addressable HH counts by MVPD and inventory type:
- Count impressions by subscriber ID in iSpot exposure data for requested exposure dates
- Apply frequency factor by looking at either cumulatively or by week (eg, weekly 1x or fewer = count impressions weekly, include subscribers with at least 1 week with 1 or 0 impressions).
- Count number of unique subscribers that are un/underexposed and apply factors (multiply respective factor to count of subscriber homes).
- Recommended factors*:
- *Factors were created by taking the average drop-off between Ampersand generated counts and Connect Select across all verticals
Linear to addressable factor
- Counts and segment tables are shared in Zendesk for all MVPDs (Shannon)
- Data Team (Amy) QA’s counts
- Data Team (Amy) sends counts and reporting to Account Manager and Sales via Zendesk ticket so they can request avails from MVPDs.
- 3 business days for brands with pre-populated ad exposure data in Ampersand database + existing audiences in the platform
- 8 business days for brands who are not yet pre-populated in the ad exposure data in Ampersand database
- 9-14 business days for layering audiences not already in the platform, including 1PD BYOD
Segment Activation – Cox footprint: Files should be pushed to LiveRamp immediately post file creation for any requests at the RFP stage. RFP stage is noted on the Zendesk ticket via the Objective field:
- Data Team (Shannon) notifies Engineering team (Angelina) via Zendesk to drop files to LiveRamp sFTP. Engineering (Angelina) provides filenames and confirms via Zendesk when files have been dropped to LR sFTP.
- Angelina converts segments to csv files and drops to LR sFTP:
- sFTP location: sftp.liveramp.com
- folder ( : /uploads/load_to_connectselect)
- File format: campaign_provider_date_generated.csv, and there was only one data field household_ids
- Data Team (Amy) emails LiveRamp (firstname.lastname@example.org and Ampersand_TVOps@liveramp.com) when files have been posted to the SFTP and provides the following:
- File names
- Any special requirements for file loading e.g. individual single file with no segmentation or breakouts
- LiveRamp loads files into Connect:Select and notifies Ampersand team once files are ready.
- Timing is up to 5 days for new files to be ingested into C:S
- Once file is ingested in C:S, Data Team (Advanced TV Analyst) pushes to MVPDs via C:S audience build and activation process. Analyst can layer any additional audiences (existing outside of platform or 1st party – if applicable). Analyst responsibility falls on Sales channel and holding company (Todd for SP and Anastasia’s team for holding company)
Segment Activation – Comcast footprint:
1. Data Team (Shannon) converts segments to csv files and posts to SIP
2. Any new files posted to SIP are automatically converted from SIP ID space to Comcast LiveRamp Hash (which AQT understands) and loads them into VendorFiles on the Comcast network drive for Ampersand Data team access - Acxiom Legacy folder
Once files are loaded into AQT, Ampersand Data Team (Advanced TV Analyst) activates segment per Comcast process. Analyst can layer any additional audiences (existing outside of platform or 1st party – if applicable)
Once campaign is confirmed as going to order, Analyst creates AQIDs
For post campaign audience distribution, process mirrors standard Addressable workflow. Annamarie requests Comcast to send to measurement partner. Comcast will access underexposed segment file in SIP
Segment Activation – Spectrum footprint: Current Process:
- Ampersand (Amy) submits National linear campaign, frequency, and audience details to SR via RFP and cc’s Sarah Currais and Account Manager
- Spectrum generates ad exposure and audience files
- Spectrum creates un/underexposed audience segments with additional audience overlays
- SR returns counts to Ampersand for RFP purposes
- Ampersand (Account Management) communicates activation directions (media plan) to SR
- Spectrum traffics the campaign
Segment Activation – Spectrum footprint: Proposed Process:
- Ampersand creates the un/underexposed viewership segment based on National Viewership data, and appends any Experian/Polk segments.
- Ampersand engineering ‘drops’ the segment file to an SFTP
- Ampersand communicates segment availability and activation directions (media plan) to Spectrum, via pre-existing RFP protocols in place (including any additional audiences to be added by SR).
- Spectrum picks up the segment via Radar and traffics the campaign